Monday, October 31, 2011
31. Jurassic Park (Disclaimer: I know this isn't really a scary movie, but it scared the heck out of me when I was a kid! My first PG-13 movie to see in a theater. My dad took me and when the movie was over, the napkin I had begun to clench at the beginning couldn't be straightened out!)
30. The Changling (best when watched at The Paramount in Abilene at midnight on Halloween)
28. I Know What You Did Last Summer
27. When a Stranger Calls (original)
25. Joy Ride
24. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Jessica Biel version)
23. Rob Zombie's Halloween
21. The Birds - My first horror movie!
20. Friday the 13th (remake)
19. Friday the 13th (original)
17. The Shining
16. Halloween V
15. Halloween IV
14. Scream 3
13. Nightmare on Elm Street (remake)
12. The Amityville Horror (remake - Ryan Reynolds baby!)
11. Halloween: H2O
10. Halloween II
9. Scream 4
8. Scream 2
6. Silence of the Lambs
5. Psycho (original)
4. The Strangers
3. Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
And although Scream is my #1 favorite scary movie, I do have to say that The Strangers takes the cake as being the scariest.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
Monday, June 20, 2011
I began thinking about this concept and how it applies in "real life" on my morning walk this morning and then the title of the scripture passage in my morning devotional was "Joy of the Redeemed" (Isaiah 35). I have messed up plenty of times, some mistakes seem more of a big deal than others and some have harsher consequences than others. Yesterday and this morning, I just could not get images and memories of one of these mistakes out of my head. Though I know God has forgiven me, I just seem to dwell on how badly I messed up (don't worry - I didn't steal someone's baby!).
I think Satan bombards us with the thoughts that we're so messed up, even though we know that God has wiped us clean. I am so incredibly grateful that my God loves me enough to redeem me. Even though I've made mistakes and gotten dirty, God steps in and makes me that pure child of God He created me to be.
If the writers of GH can redeem Maxie, surely my Lord can redeem me!
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Living Room Before
Master Bath After
Still a work in progress - we have a lot left to unpack and put away and decorate, but it's coming along. And don't even ask about the outside! The landscaping is so bad and overgrown, you can't see the front door from the street. I hope I still like the house once I can see it!