Monday, October 31, 2011

Top 31 Scary Movies

To celebrate Halloween, I made a list of my favorite 31 scary films. They are in order of my enjoyment. I acknowlege that Silence of the Lambs is a better film than Scream; however, Scream still wins! :)

31. Jurassic Park (Disclaimer: I know this isn't really a scary movie, but it scared the heck out of me when I was a kid! My first PG-13 movie to see in a theater. My dad took me and when the movie was over, the napkin I had begun to clench at the beginning couldn't be straightened out!)
30. The Changling (best when watched at The Paramount in Abilene at midnight on Halloween)
29. It
28. I Know What You Did Last Summer
27. When a Stranger Calls (original)
26. Identity
25. Joy Ride
24. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Jessica Biel version)
23. Rob Zombie's Halloween
22. Carrie
21. The Birds - My first horror movie!
20. Friday the 13th (remake)
19. Friday the 13th (original)
18. Saw
17. The Shining
16. Halloween V
15. Halloween IV
14. Scream 3
13. Nightmare on Elm Street (remake)
12. The Amityville Horror (remake - Ryan Reynolds baby!)
11. Halloween: H2O
10. Halloween II
9. Scream 4
8. Scream 2
7. Jaws
6. Silence of the Lambs
5. Psycho (original)
4. The Strangers
3. Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
2. Halloween
1. SCREAM

And although Scream is my #1 favorite scary movie, I do have to say that The Strangers takes the cake as being the scariest.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!

1 comment:

  1. And you should too! I meant to tell I loved this. I'm surprised how many of this I've actually seen! And many of them with you! :)

    ReplyDelete